Cheap Windows Vista OS

LABMAN 10:25 11 Apr 2007

Hi Folks,

I was doing a bit of browsing today and came upon this site click here I don't know anything about them or how reliable they are but there prices for Vista seem very reasonable, especially the upgeade the link takes you to.

I'm not intending to purchase myself as I'm more than happy with XP home at the moment but thought I'd share it amongst the forum as I know some of you are keen to upgrade.

Stuartli 10:56 11 Apr 2007

There is very, very little information about this company via its About Us link, nor any details of where it is based and, what's more, it claims to be open 24/7 and offer similar timespan e-mail responses..:-)

Also, from its Ts and Cs: "AT A MINIMUM, WE EXPECT THAT ALL IN STOCK ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED IN 30 DAYS."

I would be very, very wary.

Mind you I'm an old cynic.

LABMAN 11:10 11 Apr 2007

Hi Stuartli,

Theres absoloutely no harm in being an old cynic, I'm a firm believer in theres no such thing as a free lunch myself, and whilst theyre not exactly giving the stuff away it's quite a bit cheaper than most retailers.

The company on checking does seem rather vague about it's self butif anyone was interested in purchasing I don't suppose an email before hand would go amiss and theres always the back up of purchasing using your credit card.

Sic 11:14 11 Apr 2007

I have never heard of that company, but thats not a reason not to use them.

Ebuyer want £125 for the same product click here and they are a very cheap firm, so that would worry me.

Stuartli 11:48 11 Apr 2007

If it is honest and above board, then why hide behind an e-mail address?

Dubious, to put it gently, although I'm not having a go at LABMAN in any way.

anskyber 11:58 11 Apr 2007

I suppose you can make of this what you like. click here

LABMAN 12:23 11 Apr 2007

Hi Folks,

Sorry I ever posted the link as reading anskybers link it doesn't make very good impression.

Like most of the people on the other site I assumed that as it was a .co.uk address the place was based in the UK at least although the stuff could be delivered from elsewhere.

Kate B 13:46 11 Apr 2007

On the internet more than anywhere, the old adage of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" should be borne in mind. Anyone can put up a convincing-looking website, take people's money and then vanish with impunity. Buy from the big names: they might cost a bit more, but I think that bit extra pays for the peace of mind.

Totally-braindead 17:02 11 Apr 2007

Agree with KateB.

BRYNIT 17:12 11 Apr 2007

A shop about 3 miles from where I live click here I believe these are OEM versions.

White_Elephant 19:02 11 Apr 2007

yeah but thats the 32 bit version, cant really see why anyone would want it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone