Cheap Printer Wanted For The Pc

fitzy- 2nd 08:22 02 Jun 2005

Hi

I'm Looking For A Standard Printer to print Letters, nothing fancy.

Thanks to all that reply.

961 09:54 02 Jun 2005

Buy one with the print head in the ink cartridge so that each time you buy new ink you get a new print head. The printer will last for ever, the print heads do not. If the print head is part of the printer instead, when it goes wrong you need a new printer

As printer models change every 6 months or so you can often find the 6 month old model at half price at places like PCWorld or by mail order

Buy a Hewlett Packard for about £50/£60. You'll get good results. Don't buy very cheap printers from other manufacturers (often offered "free" with some cheap systems. They don't give good results

TomJerry 10:03 02 Jun 2005

look out their web site and newpaper ads

selfbuild 10:29 02 Jun 2005

A laser printer may suit your needs better.... the toner carts last longer and the text is sharper.... it depends on what you want to spend...

I myself have both laser and inkjet.... I use the laser for letters and basic stuff (internet receipts etc) and the inkjet for photo or colour stuff.....

jakimo 11:51 04 Jun 2005

Cheap inkjet printers can be very expensive to run. the Samsung monochrome laser printer is cheap to run,and can be picked up for under £60

Totally-braindead 12:27 04 Jun 2005

Would have to go with the others who are mentioning a laser, if all you want to print are letters and therefore it only has to print black then the laser is your best option. Have a look here click here

sidecar sid 12:40 04 Jun 2005

Cheap printer,good reviews.

click here

Compatible cartriges (BCI24)

click here

wednesday 13 12:59 04 Jun 2005

It is a great little printer and really cheap

Slithe 21:03 04 Jun 2005

In cetain W H Smiths at the moment (I think - don't quote me) they are offering a HP PSC 1215 all in one printer, fax machine and scanner for £69.99.

In addition to this - the box includes a usb cable, photo-paper and ink cartridges. These ones are the ones that give you a new printhead each time, trust me - new printheads for a decent machine are more than a new printer!

Also, if the HP is not still on offer in W H Smith, it may be worth looking at a printer and finding out how much replacement cartridges are and how long they last. Most cartridges now come in two varieties - standard and heavy user. Depending upon how often you need to print, standard is OK for most people.

fitzy- 2nd 07:55 05 Jun 2005

Hi.

Thankyou for all for your help...your advice was very much appreciated, thanks again to everyone.

I have bought the following, looks a great deal, and cheap ink to

click here

wednesday 13 11:24 05 Jun 2005

click here

Register and ink cartridges are from 79p

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?