Cheap Laptops

tree3 12:39 10 May 2003

does anyoe know a good site where i can buy cheap laptops i don't mind if they have e.g. a floppy drive missing or something but a working laptop with a Win95 or Linux OS on it

tree3 18:11 11 May 2003

anyone must know

-pops- 18:40 11 May 2003

In reply to your attempt to obtain a supplier, try logging on to 'DATASERV' they are I think cheapest company in the U.K.

They have Laptops starting from around £250.00 inclusive of VAT & Delivery.

I have recently aquired a 12.1" TFT flat panel from them for under £100.00, and I am very satisfied with the way that they do business and the fact that nearly all there refubished unit are covered by a 12 Month RTB Warrenty...

You can find them at 'click here'

I think you will be suprised with their site...

John v.Dongen
Essex

tree3 19:12 11 May 2003

i looked on the website and could not find any ones under £100 if anyone knows where i can get one for under £100 please tell me

Malaclypse 14:57 12 May 2003

Ummm.... £100 is aiming a bit low.

When a laptop is worth as little as £100, people have so much trouble finding a buyer they usually bin it.
.... or consign it to the attic. That's your best bet. Aim second hand, and scour the adverts.

You might want to try 'Ad trader'-style papers or
something, and/or put an ad in the local classified sections - 'Wanted: laptop for less than £100, can be really low spec, just needs OS and ....'

Maybe an advert in your post office window / Tesco wherever.

madzad 15:29 12 May 2003

I would maybe try going to a computer market where there is a guarantee from the organisation who run it and chrage the stall holders.

One I use on a regular basis is nortern computer markets, there is an online site to which to get dates and places from...

Hope that helps as I have seen laptops ranging from £150. upwards and the mostly are in good working order.

Steve
Lancs.

tree 3 19:54 12 May 2003

what website is the online market you use Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone