Cheap Inkjet Printer!

Bingalau 22:09 12 Oct 2006

Can anybody advise on the cheapest inkjet printer on the market at the moment? Must also be cheap to run, inks? etc. ..Bingalau..

bluto1 22:33 12 Oct 2006

IMHO go for an Epson within your price range. Compatible cartridges are very cheap especially if you buy a bundle of them, check out click here for one, but there`ll be others here with more advice. Good luck mate!

Totally-braindead 23:24 12 Oct 2006

The cheapest is a mistake as it will not be the cheapest to run and it will probably be poor quality. Avoid Lexmark as the cartridges are too expensive, cheapest to run would be any of the Epson range as the compatibles are cheap. All the ones I've seen in the Epson range are reasonable to very good quality depending on what you're printing. I'm an Epson user myself and like them but they are rather slow to print.

Stuartli 23:51 12 Oct 2006

I have an Epson R300 which cost me just over £90 including p and p.

I use it with packs of six replacement compatibles from click here at around £4 per set of six - bought in bulk to make the most of the delivery charge.

More annoyingly, however, is that you can now buy an open box but still new Epson R300 for £46 at:

click here

Could have bought a lot of compatible cartridges with the difference.....:-((

jakimo 12:14 14 Oct 2006

The cheapest usually ends up being the most expensive to run

Woolwell 19:39 14 Oct 2006

What do you want to use the printer for?

As previously posted, realy cheap printers usually end up expensive in cartridges.

Try a Epson D88.

Bingalau 11:07 15 Oct 2006

Sorry for delay in answering this thread folks and would like to thank you all for your input. I was asking the question because I intend to buy a printer for a relative and the one I wanted to buy (Epson Stylus C60), which is the model I use myself, seems to have disappeared from the market. ..Stuartli. I have looked at the one you suggest and came to the opinion, probably wrongly, that it only prints photographic stuff. Does it print ordinary everyday items as well? If so it seems to be a bargain indeed. In fact I might get two one for myself as well. ..Bingalau..

Pamy 11:23 15 Oct 2006

Bingalau, do not forget that there will be VAT+postage

Bingalau 11:38 15 Oct 2006

Pamy. Thanks for that and yes I have looked at the item and taken into account postage etc. It still looks a bargain, providing it prints out normal pages. I am just going to have another look at the site and see if I can delve further into it. ..Bingalau..

Totally-braindead 11:44 15 Oct 2006

All printers will print out normal pages it depends on how you set them when printing out. If printing text for example on normal paper you are better setting the printer to do just that, print text on normal paper. If you leave the printer set to print photo quality on photo qualiity paper it will print a lot slower and it will use a lot more ink.
Its how you set the printer to printout that matters. I for example leave mine set to print out text on plain paper. When I print a photo I go into the setup and alter it to suit whatever I am printing.
It is you that decides what to print and what quality to print not the printer.

Bingalau 11:58 15 Oct 2006

Totally-braindead. Thanks again, it was just that this one doesn't seem to mention anything other than photo printing in its spiel. I am just off now to have a good look through the information for it, maybe I have not read it correctly. Age related attention disorder something or other??? ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?