Cheap BT Openzone Vouchers

sophster 22:21 02 Aug 2006

Hi All,

Just a quickie to let everyone know that I found this website selling really really cheap Openzone vouchers at £5 each. They had a special deal on and I bought 10 for £40 and have used three of them so far without problems.

Anything to stuff BT as they already charge us through the nose for everything we have from them; so why pay £40 per voucher when you can get them for a fiver.

Just visit: click here

Stuartli 23:26 02 Aug 2006

Looks highly suspicious to me.

No source of supplier, About details etc.

But I could be wrong...

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:49 03 Aug 2006

[email protected] co. uk is the address that you send your money to...call me cynical but if I were promoting this as a legit business I would not use 'slinkyminky' as my business addy and I would provide some contact details....barge+pole+touch+not.

G

SG Atlantis® 09:56 03 Aug 2006

slinkyminky rhymes with stinky!

...and that's what this site is STINKY! Don't touch it folks is my opinion.

SG Atlantis® 10:05 03 Aug 2006

I have contacted BTopenzone and they're calling me back, with a full update. According to the contact (name withheld) they know nothing of this site.

SG Atlantis® 10:07 03 Aug 2006

click here for the real site

SG Atlantis® 10:37 03 Aug 2006

OK it's definately not legitimate, BT recommends you do not go near it and they are taking action against the site.

doodle123 15:15 04 Aug 2006

Hi,
Just for your information I am the website owner and have just come across this posting. I am a bonafide trader and BT have not and can not do anything to stop me trading legally as I am. The fact that I am offering BT Openzone vouchers at a vast discount is nothing but good for the public. If you want to go direct to BT and pay £40 for your voucher then please do so; on the other hands dozens of satisfied customers have been buying from me at £5.

click here as stated quite clearly in the Trademark and Copyright statement at the bottom of the page in not partnered with or associated directly to BT in any way.

All I am doing is legitimatley selling discounted BT Openzone 30 day vouchers.

I will happily give one away for you to test if you do not believe that the vouchers are real???

I have nothing to hide and you can check my feedback from my Ebay site as well if you wish:

click here

doodle123 17:04 04 Aug 2006

Please see the link below for copies of emails from BT and myself.

click here

As you all can see I am still trading legally and no action has been taken against me by BT!!!

Please do make sure you get your facts right SG Atlantass :-) BT have known for weeks!!! Making silly, inaccurate comments just makes you look very very foolish.

Stuartli 23:34 04 Aug 2006

Time will tell...:-)

Forum Editor 23:50 04 Aug 2006

"I am the website owner and have just come across this posting"

Really?

It does seem an incredible coincidence that someone who has never posted anything at all before should suddenly use our forum to tell us about these cheap vouchers, on the very day that he/she registers with us. Then, when a few people react adversely, up pops the owner of the site who just happened to 'come across' the post on the very same day that he registers with us.

I'm sure it's pure coincidence, all that, but it certainly makes you think doesn't it?

That said, this is from the BT OpenZone site:-

"Openzone Vouchers have no cash redemption value, are not for publication and once purchased may not be sold unless you are an authorised reseller."

I'm sure that it's quite legal to sell these vouchers in this way. It might (or might not) be a breach of some contractual arrangement, but that's a different thing. If I buy an item from a company I am perfectly at liberty to advertise that item for sale at any price I like - the original company can certainly do nothing to prevent me. The company can do nothing to prevent me from advertising and selling 1000 such items at any price I like - I've paid for them, the company has (presumably) made its profit on the sale, so why should it worry? It shouldn't, unless I previously agreed that I wouldn't resell at a lower price than that which the company itself advertises for the same item.

Surely, if BT is so worried about the resale of these vouchers, all it has to do is prevent the further sale of vouchers to this person?

I venture to suggest that it's not for us to judge the legality or otherwise of this reselling operation, but at first sight I am happy that we do nothing illegal or immoral by allowing this thread to remain online. It's up to individual forum members to decide whether or not they'll buy OpenZone vouchers in this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?