Charity advice needed

feredo 19:47 24 Oct 2004

Hi.
We run a small local charity and need some advice on the pitfalls of selling furniture, beds and other items which we understand should have a current fire regs sticker etc.

Anyone know if charities are exempt or if we still come under the usual rules .

I’ve tried trading standards site but nothing for charities is in their search engine.

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:54 24 Oct 2004

Some furnishings, such as sleeping bags, curtains and carpets, do not need to conform to the regulations. In addition, furniture made before 1950 is exempt. From the DTI website.......click here

G

Starfox 00:09 25 Oct 2004

Excuse the pun but you could be playing with fire here,if there were to be a fire causing death or injury and it could be proved to have been caused by non approved items that you sold you would find yourself wide open to serious litigation at the very least.My advice would be to only sell items with approved firemark labels,that way you would be seen to be upholding the regulations.

Sorry but that's the way things are at present.

spuds 00:13 25 Oct 2004

I know this is not what you are asking, but having had dealings with local charity shops, as a purchaser of goods. I thought this heavy reading maybe of interest, should you have the occasion to sell recyclable goods of electrical or hazard potential click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?