cash back websites

charlton200 19:34 25 Apr 2008

Only just heard of these cash back sites, can you tell me what they are like and any you recommend.

Cheers

Kemistri 19:40 25 Apr 2008
  jarani 23:11 25 Apr 2008

xxx

GaT7 23:23 25 Apr 2008

The MSE cashback checker that Kemistri linked to isn't always reliable. It's best to check directly at a few cashback sites before purchasing something.

I mainly use Quidco which has a £5 annual fee, but only if you earn £5 or more. A Quidco discussion thread you may find useful click here. G

Kemistri 23:26 25 Apr 2008

I just picked that link out of the ether. Or Google, as it is more commonly known.....

hero361 10:59 22 Jul 2008

I found this new site, works like cashback websites but you get free gifts like a Nintendo Wii instead of cash back.

It's free to join, and then you have to complete an offer, which some are free, refer some people, and then you get a Wii, or your chosen gift. for ex. Iphone, playstaion 3, digital camera, etc.

It really takes quite a small amount of effort to complete in relation to the value of the gift:)

Heres the link:

[url]click here[/url]

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:45 22 Jul 2008

This is a link to a referral site and I have more chance of marrying Zara Philips than anyone has of getting anything from these lame sites. Some terribly cynical people would call them a con.

G

Picklefactory 13:24 22 Jul 2008

I also use Quidco, I've had some decent paybacks but you have to be aware they by no means guarantee you will receive the cash back, it depends entirely on whether the transaction tracks correctly and the vendor decides to pay Quidco. I have had issue with one transaction that has been waiting now for 4 months, I think I'll get it, but you do need patience too, as many vendors take up to 3 months to pay out. Alos you need to ascertain if the price - cashback via Quidco is the best deal available, sometimes I find better deals without the cash back.
All in all, not a bad thing to use but, like anything else, it needs to be used wisely.

alB 16:45 22 Jul 2008

I use Quidco and Cashback Kings, both will take a fiver off you for your annual membership (once you've earned enough), not had a problem with either yet ...alB

€dstowe 07:46 23 Jul 2008

There is a Yorkshire saying: "You don't get owt for nowt". Put another way: "There is no such thing as a free lunch".

Remember that the people running these sites are running a business, not a charity and they are in it to make money - lots of it. The only way they can make that money is from the hapless customer.

Covergirl 12:16 23 Jul 2008

. . . and couldn't see how Privilege Insurance knew I had been through the cash back site, so I ended up phoning them and getting such a great price I didn't have the heart to take any more discount off them.

Martin Lewis seems to recommend them - that man appears to be able to do no wrong these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone