Cartex Ltd

tel128 19:41 29 Jun 2006

I bought a set of 6 cartridges for my printer from Cartex. I was unable to use them for 5 months but kept them stored upright & sealed in a draw. When I tried to use them neither of the black cartriges would print but the colours did. I emailed Cartex 3 weeks ago asking for advice, 2 weeks ago I emailed again asking if they would reply to me. As of today, nothing. Their email address is "customercare" but they appear not to care. Am I the only person who expects, at least, the courtesy of a reply when I have spent money with a supplier?

Jackcoms 20:36 29 Jun 2006

Did the cartridges not have a 'use by' date printed on the carton?

In future you may wish to consider buying from click here

They are regularly recommended in these Forums.

I have recently bought (yet again) 4 new compatible cartridges for my Canon printer. The cartons all have a use by date of November 2008.

SG Atlantis® 20:48 29 Jun 2006

" was unable to use them for 5 months "

why? so why didn't you wait 5 months before buying them. You'll have a hard job getting any where with the seller... due to the length of time even if the do respond.

Cannuck 00:40 30 Jun 2006

I had a similar experience with Cartex.
I purchased a colour and a black cartridge in January, (my printer told me my ink was low) and didn't get round to using them till a few weeks ago as I had enough (low???) ink to print over 300 pages and about 4 dozen pictures. So much for low ink warnings!
The colour cartridge would not even register as being in my printer, as it was faulty. I too e-mailed Cartex 3 times about the problem and got no reply.
I didn't wait as long as you, but I got onto them by phone (the number is on the web-site), and they told me where to return it to (Freepost)there and then, and I had the replacement within 4 days.
They never did explain why they didn't answer the e-mails
Cannuck

spuds 00:57 30 Jun 2006

Do as suggested by Cannuck, and phone Cartex. The problem of not answering emails seems to occur on many occasions, if this and other forums, plus computer magazine complaints pages are anything to go by.

Regarding 'sell or use by dates', I have used cartridges after expiry date with no problems. Just give the cartridge a little shake before installing.Failing that, the warm steam treatment seems to work!.

rmcqua 13:32 30 Jun 2006

"Compatible cartridges" -
Caviat Emptor!

tel128 14:34 30 Jun 2006

I am not really worried about the cartridges not working (still not reached use by date) but by the lack of manners and plain service by "cutomer care". Take the money and turn down an obvious buying signal! SG Atlantis, if I could read the future then I would

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone