Cartex delivery times

Aspman 10:54 20 Jan 2004

I ordered with cartex nearly two weeks ago, I've been charged for the carts but I've not had delivery. I took the free 2nd class post option but two weeks seems a bit long even for Royal Mail.

I'm not jumping up and down shouting yet, I emailed them today to ask waht is happening. I was just wondering if anyone else found their delivery a bit lengthy? I don't mind a bit of a wait as long as I know in advance.

Cheers

Paul.

Stuartli 13:53 20 Jan 2004

This company came in for a fair bit of criticism at times last year; further, a relative had a long battle to get a refund after it failed to deliver an order.

Aspman 14:08 20 Jan 2004

Phoned them this afternoon.

They claim they have dispatched.
Since I have nothing they have said I have to go to the local sorting office to check there before they will resend the order.

Fair enough but I do think it is a waste of time as I had the order sent to my work with someone on site mon-sat.

If that is all it takes, I suppose I'll still be happy.

spuds 15:16 20 Jan 2004

Suggest that you do a forum search about Cartex, may help with your concern.

Aspman 15:56 20 Jan 2004

There isn't much about them in the forum. What there is ranges from very good to quite bad.

I did get a reply to my email to them (which is good) but that answer completely contradicted what I was told on the phone (which is bad). Ben emailed to say that the carts were out of stock and had not been dispatched and gave me the option to cancel my order.

Oh dear communication problems I think.

Widows Son 16:02 20 Jan 2004

As broken delivery promises - I would contact them and ask them what they're going to do to make up for the unacceptable delay, & if they didn't leave me satisfied point out that I've have the right under the distance selling regulations to cancel the order (which is polite speak for tell them to shove it)

Hunte® 16:40 20 Jan 2004

My experience of Cartex is excellent if they have the cartridges in stock. If they dont then you may get good service or it may be dire. The last time I had a poor service they did send me a free cartridge to compensate for the delays, so I was happy in the end.

Sheila-214876 16:55 20 Jan 2004

I have only ever ordered from Cartex once and the order arrived quite quickly - so no problem. Most of my orders are with Choice Stationery at click here or Tonezone at click here and also a few from 7 Day Shop, which are an offshore company and by their very name means 7 days for delivery at click here and again no problems.

I have ordered from cartex 3 times in the last few months and have nothing but praise for their service.

Aspman 21:10 20 Jan 2004

Ben emailed back again (can't fault them for replying to emails anyway). The carts are out of stock. They will be delivered in 5 working days, alledgedly.

I hope I don't have a repeat of Hunte®s comments.

Still the carts were very cheap (3 canon black carts for just over £5 with free postage) so I have some patience.

Aspman 10:28 27 Jan 2004

Well 5 working days later....

They turn up.

I'm not complaining too much they always answered phone calls and emails which is better than many companies.

I think I'll order by phone next time just to check stock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?