Carrera Statement

Carrera SSC 21:19 26 Jan 2004

Since December Carrera has experienced an incredible amount of business which we put down to the Christmas rush and Carrera was probably the first UK Company to close its order books for Pre Christmas deliveries on the 2nd December.
Following this we had a lot of customers requesting to order machines for delivery in the New Year.

The New Year orders we could not process until the New Year and approximately 1400 customers selected this option.

Over the Christmas period we received just over 3000 orders making the order book go to approximately 4500 orders.

In January we have not seen a down turn in the amount of orders coming in and we need to quote 14-20 working day delivery as apposed to our normal 5-7 working days.

Carrera have now accepted this is not a spurge in business and have taken the following actions:

Carrera has brought forward the move to the new 60,000 sq. ft. production facility and has the current factory working on three 8 hour shifts.

Carrera is in the process of recruiting and training an additional 32 new sales and administration staff.

Carrera is operating its 24x7x365 software support lines & installation lines to all its customers to facilitate that the initial setup and installation of the machine runs smoothly. This support line extends to software issues and tutorial issues not usually covered within most PC Manufactures warranty.

Carrera is upgrading the hardware support desks to reduce call times.

At present the call times on the sales lines are excessive, however with extra personal coming on daily we are seeing this reduce. In extreme busy times we are offering a call back service and all sales & customer service staff are staying on in the evening to insure all call backs are completed.

At Carrera we are proud of our product and will strive to insure the product and service keeps developing to keep us at the forefront of our industry.

We appreciate feedback from our valued customers and welcome any feedback. Should you have any comments or queries please don’t hesitate to email [email protected] or [email protected]

Nick Smith

TBH1 22:52 26 Jan 2004

nice touch.

Forum Editor 23:16 26 Jan 2004

We welcome your presence here, many thanks for the email addresses for our forum members' use.

simonp1 08:19 27 Jan 2004

Nice to see you being proactive in your sales and customer service, Hope all goes well.

jerichobob 13:54 27 Jan 2004

I'm one of the customers waiting for their new system from these chaps and this makes me feel a whole lot better after the frustrations of the last few weeks.

I shall be sending Mark an e-mail and will keep everyone updated as to the progress, or otherwise of my order.

Rob.

rickf 14:17 27 Jan 2004

Good job Carrera to be in touch. Good that you are on the pulse. This boosts confidence in the buying public.

jerichobob 19:37 31 Jan 2004

I have cancelled my order with Carrera for reasons which I detail on 'Buying a PC'.

I received an e-mail today from Mark Johansen telling me that a refund had been processed.

Case closed.

The Spires 19:51 31 Jan 2004

Most impressive.

DoubleDutch 22:05 03 Feb 2004

Sorry to be the negative one folks but Mark Johansen and co have been full of broken promises for years and thats a fact from experiance.

Dont believe what you read ?

dd

Robin0759 23:32 03 Feb 2004

I have placed an order on th e 15th dec. Carrera have taken my money from my Visa on the 30th dec.
It is now the 3rd Feb. with no conformation of when I'm going to receive my machine.
Whilst it's good to see the above statement, I should not have to log in to a 3rd party forum to seek re-assurance about the state of play with my order.
Am I asking too much to be contacted by email or phone, explaning the situation?
I have tried to phone, but was kept waiting for 17 minutes, only to be told that someone would ring back, the next day; I'm still waiting!
Carrera seem to be a victim of their own success, since their computers are good spec, at a reasonable price, but they are spoiling the purchasing experience, with poor customer service, which in this day and age, is quite naive.

jerichobob 23:17 06 Feb 2004

You need to send Mark Johansen an e-mail telling him exactly what the problem is and when you expect delivery to be made by. If these basic criteria are not met then let him know that you will cancel your order. I eventually cancelled after a month of broken promises and miscommunication. Carrera will never get an order out of me or anyone I know, or can prevent from ordering from them. They are going the way of Multivision in my opinion as they are trying to grow too fast and cannot get the basics right. This includes that most essential of customer interfaces - SERVICE.

Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?