Carphone warehouse

lisa02 12:56 28 Mar 2008

On the site there is a clearance section...

One of the phones is listed there at £179 and also in the main site as £279.

Is Clearance a "customer returned" or "refurbed" product?

I can't find nothing on the site to explain why it's both on sale at £179 and £279.

Model is K850i click here

€dstowe 13:19 28 Mar 2008

"Clearance" is usually obsolescent stock which they want to sell off quickly to make room for more modern models.

It might be best to check with the retailer first to make sure.

A friend recently bought a phone at Tesco, originally over £200, for £37 as a clearance line - brand new, fully guaranteed.

lisa02 13:29 28 Mar 2008

Excellent value there!

To compare Carphone to a supermarket it's like selling the same identical product in 2 different aisles and two quite different prices. I hope no one is foolish to pay the £279 without looking at the clearance section.

I shall contact them if I decide to buy but at the minute I'm browsing.

lofty29 14:37 28 Mar 2008

If it is refurbished or customer returns it must state that, but beware that when items are listed like this it could be a come-on and when you get to the till it will come up at the higher price, then they will say "sorry we made a mistake"

ened 16:14 28 Mar 2008

CPW seem to be good at making 'mistakes' along those lines.

Kemistri 18:04 28 Mar 2008

Some are, some are not. click here. In my experience, at least some of the clearance stock from CPW's website (and e2save, which is the run by CPW) is brand new and sealed in its original box, but is just going cheap because it's old: I have bought three clearance phones from these two sites and they were all brand new. Even those that are not sealed should still be in as new condition, as far as I'm aware. I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

lisa02 23:05 28 Mar 2008

Resolved. I'm not buying a clearance phone from them. I don't want the hassle of having to return it if it is a recon instead of a new mobile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017