Car Breakdown Cover

techie4me 19:44 18 Sep 2007

OK, thought the best people to ask were all of you here @ PCA.

Who provides the best breakdown cover & price.
I'm looking for Breakdown, Recovery & At Home.

Bald Eagle 20:09 18 Sep 2007

Green Flag.

spuds 20:32 18 Sep 2007

I have been with click here for three years now. Called them out once, and the breakdown man was with me within 30 minutes, did the job and I was on my way in less than the hour.

Reading the reviews about this company seems to suggest hit and miss, but I can only give praise on the way they dealt with my problem. Some of my neighbours have now transfered to this company.

hastelloy 07:32 19 Sep 2007

gives all the cover you need and I pay £34 per year. The difference is that I call them, they send a local garage out, I pay. Then I reclaim the payment. Never had to do this so don't know how long it takes but recommended by click here

Clapton is God 09:29 19 Sep 2007

First class service, excellent price click here

VideoSentry 12:19 19 Sep 2007

techie4me, if you are considering going to europe I can highly recommend Europ Assistance,I 'did' the oil sump in the middle of the Pyrenees 5 miles from the nearest village ( 10 houses) a Fire spotters jeep radioed the problem to his control but they were unable to find a Tow truck,I got a lift up the mountain and rang (mobile phone) Europ Assistance 30 mins later One tow truck! We actually spent more time waiting for the taxi!Also I had occasion to travel to South London ( I'm from North) broke down and though I was only covered for foreign travel, they towed Me back North! Wether they count South London as Foreign ( as I do ) but superb service either way!!
They do do UK cover as well

techie4me 17:05 19 Sep 2007

Thanks for everyones input of this.
I'm possibly going to stick with the RAC if they lower the price i have to pay as i have seen it cheaper on-line, if not then the AA look good at just over £100.

spuds 17:33 19 Sep 2007

I was a member of the AA for over thirty years, with only 5 or was it 7 call-outs in all that time. Three of those call-outs were for the same problem on the same day (diesel at the pumps, mixed with petrol). Renewal premiums went up every year, until I eventually got fed up and ask the AA why I was being charged more than new subscribers. Result of that reply I transfered to a cheaper (same for same) breakdown service, saving me two thirds off the price the AA wanted.

peugeot man 16:43 27 May 2010

click here

This is the best deal I found for myself last year

So far never neede to use it, but peace of mind etc

peugeot man 16:45 27 May 2010

Whoops !!!!!!
I didn't spot that it was a very old post either.

AL47 18:10 29 May 2010

mine cost 40 for the year through my insurance and all i had to wait for was an hour good enough for me for £40

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?