Can't open tom tom Home..

tristar 11:52 26 Sep 2009

Have been advised of new updates on tom Tom Home - but can't open program!
Is it just me, or are other people having troubles with this update 'Service'?

mike40 12:51 26 Sep 2009

Have you got the latest version of TomTom home, there were a lot of problems with one of them which gave me grief. Since updating to the latest version (2.7.2.1825)all works OK.

wee eddie 12:56 26 Sep 2009

I have the same Update version as you ~ It's a joke.

Over 80 seconds to Boot the Software and, usually, over 15 minutes to download any Updates to my TomTom.

mike40 13:29 26 Sep 2009

Hi wee eddie.

That was the trouble I was having but after a couple of attempts it now works OK. However it is still a bit slow. I found a forum somewhere which showed a lot were having the same problems.

tristar 13:50 26 Sep 2009

No, I haven't got that version of Tom Tom home, not that it seems to be any good!
What annoys me is that I paid in advance for safety camera updates - but can't get them!
Had I known more about Tom Tom before I bought my GPS, I would not be the 'proud owner' of a Tom Tom GPS today.

Woolwell 14:00 26 Sep 2009

Version 2.7.2.1825 of TomTom Home works ok the one before that was hopeless.
tristar - Firstly download the latest version of TomTom Home from the TomTom site.
Secondly I don't understand "can't open program". Is it TomTom Home you cannot open?
When you connect your TomTom (which TomTom do you have?) it should prompt you if you wish to connect to the computer and TomTom Home will launch automatically. It will then look for the latest downloads including safety cameras. You click to accept them and then they download and install to the TomTom.

peugeot man 14:15 26 Sep 2009

I had trouble initially but solved it by removing old version, then downloading latest. Since then everything ok and updates very quickly.

tristar 14:22 26 Sep 2009

2.7.2.1825 Have just installed this version of Home,
it actually seems to work!
thanks, guys.

anchor 13:29 27 Sep 2009

Probably the best site for all matters "TomTom" is this one dedicated to TomTom:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?