Canon PIXMA MP630

Spark6 20:26 04 Sep 2009

I'm interested in buying a multifunction scanner/printer and have been looking at this one. Does anyone have opinions on it?

john bunyan 09:44 05 Sep 2009

I have an older MP760, and it is excellent. I had an Epson MP before, but the ink froze just out of warranty and in the end I had to thow it away! Both have good output, but I like the fact that Canon has a separate print head that could be replaced or cleaned - not that I have had to do so.

Spark6 09:49 05 Sep 2009

I like the idea of a renewable printhead. I shall have to price one together with ink cartridges.

Taff™ 10:07 06 Sep 2009

I`ve recommended and set up two of the MP620`s for clients so the MP630 should be even better. Both were easy to set up and network wirelessly and they are very happy with the print quality.

Free Delivery click here

Taff™ 10:11 06 Sep 2009

By the way the price of the Print Head will take your breath away but I`ve had a Canon IP4000 for three years and the head is still going strong. Replacement Inkjet cartridges for the MP630 click here The Think compatibles are more than up to the job so a complete set would be only £25.

john bunyan 11:25 06 Sep 2009

Yes, a print head is expensive, but I am told that in the event of an ink freeze, the fact you can take it out of a Canon for a warm water soak(!) if needed is better than other models with non removable print heads. A local Cartrige World points out that Epsons are more prone to this problem , but maybe things have improved in the two years since I had a problem with one.

chub_tor 12:00 06 Sep 2009

I have the MP610, excellent machine, cheap compatibles and also has the replaceable (but expensive) print head. The MP610 replaced a stand alone Canon printer the i865 and I did do the warm water clean a few times after it had stood idle for several weeks. Having had Epsons at one time I am now definitely in the Canon camp.

Spark6 14:29 06 Sep 2009

At present I'm using an Epson D88 printer and Visioneer OneTouch 9220 scanner. The printer I'm happy with, it's Vista compatible and hopefully 7, but the scanner is giving me unnecessary grief and has to go.

Your comments to date are very encouraging, apart from the price of the printhead, so I'm leaning towards the MP630. I note that Amazon's price is £108.16 inc VAT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?