Canon Pixma iP4700 - any feedback?

sheila.weston 18:11 03 Dec 2009

Has anyone bought a Canon Pixma iP47oo printer? How do you find it?

chub_tor 18:48 03 Dec 2009

There are 16 customer reviews on Amazon click here

GaT7 19:24 03 Dec 2009

Be aware some printers are heavy ink users - my Canon iP4600 in one anyway.

A couple of independent reviews of the iP4700 suggest the ink costs are relatively low though - click here & click here.

Long thread about another that's an ink-guzzler - 'Canon has set up MP980 to Deliberately waste ink' click here. G

Input Overload 20:40 03 Dec 2009

I have the 4500 & it's been the best printer I've had in a long time. I use chipped cartridges & they last ages. IMHO canon printers are streets in front of the agricultural Epsons I have used for the past few years.

I have a heap of cartridges in my cupboard but I never seem to need to change them despite doing a fair bit of printing.

KremmenUK 12:32 04 Dec 2009

My ip4000 doesn't use that much ink and is the best inkjet I've ever owned.

Duplex and the printable CD feature alone is worth it.

Consider running a mono laser alongside it to cut down on the cartridge cost. My HP LaserJet 4L is my main printer and the toner cartridges last about 3 years.

This means that I only replace my inkjet tanks about every 9 months or so.

sheila.weston 21:22 09 Dec 2009

Thankyou all very much for these suggestions. Actually my immediate need is over as my iP 4300 printer has suddenly started working again! It had a car journey to and from a repair chappy who announced that *he* couldn't clear the paper jam, either, and there was definitely no paper in it.

I thought that I would give it one last try before taking it to the dump, and hey presto! After four weeks of frustration, it works! Much relief all round.

The idea of the HP Laserjet 4L as a main printer is good, but I don't do all that much printing and think I will keep to the Canon with a portable Canon i80 as reserve.

flycatcher1 22:29 09 Dec 2009

I have an iP 3600 which, after nine months, has failed. The dealer has cleaned the print head but no decent photos appear.
Distaff wanted Christmas pictures so I lashed out on an iP 4700. Fair results - not brilliant- ink use is moderate.
I used to have an Epsom R220 which was brilliant but suffered from clogging.
After the holiday season I will be tackling Canon about the iP3600 but I have been using some compatibles so I hear that there may be a problem.
People keep telling me that Canon Printers are the best, overall. I doubt it.

preditation 12:23 29 Jul 2010

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the [url=click here]Canon Pixma IP4600 ink[/url]. Oh and it's free delivery!

flycatcher1 17:47 29 Jul 2010

I have now been using my 4700 for over six months.
Ink use is fairly high and the quality is nowhere near my Epsom 220. I would only give it 5/10.

preditation 09:31 30 Jul 2010

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the [url=click here]Canon Pixma IP4700 ink[/url]. Oh and it's free delivery!

daytimers82 09:37 30 Jul 2010

my goodness i just looked at my printer on stinkyink what a saving

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?