cannot seem to play old games on xp

computernerdiamnot 21:57 13 Mar 2004

hi there i have just bought a ferrari 3000 from acer and it has windows xp home edition loaded. i want to play some of my old games like railroad tycoon which comes up not supported by windows nt and my sim city 3000 wont even load. i bought a new game conflict desert storm 2 and that works fine is there a patch i have to get for the others. thanks

You can download a patch for Railroad Tycoon II, do a google search and you should find it. Alternately if you buy the game again on a budget label (£5 or so) it already has the patch.

Not sure about sim city 3000 though.

computernerdiamnot 22:17 13 Mar 2004

I will try that and report back

computernerdiamnot 22:35 13 Mar 2004

it seems the site for the patch is not there well its onto rt3 i think thanks

spuds 22:36 13 Mar 2004

A number of 95/98 software packs have trouble with XP. In XP there is a compatibilty programme which may help with loading the older programmes, sometimes this works, sometimes not. I use a second slave hard-drive on my system for the 'older' programmes, makes life much easier.

click here

Try that, this is the RT2 v1.56 patch (whicj I think is the last one).

fitcher 12:42 15 Mar 2004

funny I should see this as I have just commented in the helproom .I have found that directx 9 on my computer seems to stop me playing my old games .so trying the same games on my older machine with direct x 8 they run just fine .I ordered star wars racer the other day and I find it is only for 98 ,it even runs on an old 500 amd I have in the shed .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?