Cancelling an EE mobile data SIM

Quickbeam 11:13 26 Jun 2014
Answered

Anyone know how to contact EE other than their (apparently) unmanned exit from EE number?

I've been on a 30 day 4G rolling data contract for the last few months as a temporary measure and have been hanging to with their (un)dedicated cancellation line to end my rolling 30 day contract for a total of 4 hours or so this week!

HondaMan 11:54 26 Jun 2014

Any good Leaving EE

Quickbeam 12:09 26 Jun 2014

'fraid not HondaMan, those are the un-manned numbers that I mentioned!

There appears to be no way of entering into a dialog via email with anyone, which of course would confirm a contract trail.

Right now I can only think of paying the fixed amount in advance on the accounts page, cancelling the DD and writing to the head office in Hatfield to confirm what and why I've felt the need to do this!

Quickbeam 12:09 26 Jun 2014

or a 'contact trail'.

HondaMan 12:19 26 Jun 2014

I had 3 on my iPad originally, but was unable to get a signal. I returned the sim and all documentation to the shop from which I bought the sim the day before but it took weeks and weeks to convince them that where I lived there was no 3 service. They even threatened me with debt collectors and court action.

A Tale of 3

Quickbeam 13:17 26 Jun 2014

This should be a simples case of informing them that I wish to end my 30 day obligation.

When I took it out they were full of how easy it is to change or end the 30 day contract!

carver 13:24 26 Jun 2014

Quickbeam are you with tmobile or EE because they are really one and the same, do you dial dial 150 to get in touch. Because if you do then go through the automated system then carry on until you get to leave TMOBILE and select that.

Works every time for me then just ask to be transferred to proper department.

Forum Editor 17:25 26 Jun 2014

Transferred to tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Woolwell 18:59 26 Jun 2014
  wee eddie 20:08 26 Jun 2014

All Cities and many County Towns have an EE Shop.

Take any Documentation and/or Printouts, that you can put together, with you and have a quiet conversation with a Staff Member. You'd be surprised how obliging they can be to a "nice" person.

Quickbeam 07:49 27 Jun 2014
Answer

Got through and cancelled it eventually.

Rubbish customer service!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?