cancellation request with tiscali

nifermac 14:52 15 Apr 2004

hi i'm after a bit of advice.

i've been with tiscali for a couple of years (broadband for over 12 months) they recently made an error in my billing, they stopped accepting debit card payments in june last year but never informed me of this so i received a reminder at the beginning of the month for £140.00 i wasn't happy. i phoned to complain , paid the bill at the same time and asked to cancel my account with them . i was informed that i had to give 1 months notice which i'm not happy about as it was they're error, but have accepted it. i have sent them 3 emails to their cancellation dept but have only received i automated response.which stated that my request was being investigated and i would receive a response within 7 days (still no word from them ) i also asked on their forums for an update on my request recieved a reply from one of the customer service advisers on the forum that they would look into it for me. again received an automated response from them but still no word on what the status of my account is. i have tried their customer service telephone number but it is constantly busy, so they just cut you off rather than putting you in a queue.

what i'd like to know is are they're any other way i can find out this information. is there anyone i should be contacting for further assistance.and any advice anyone can offer on what else i can do.

thanks for any help/advice you can offer

TBH1 15:18 15 Apr 2004

I shall watch this with interest, I envisage the same problem with ntl, though only leaving them because I have gone bb with, spooky enough, tiscali. I cancelled via phone 3 weeks ago but was told to put in writing, have emailed and sent a letter recorded delivery. Heard nothing from them as yet.

Sir Radfordin 15:29 15 Apr 2004

If you don't want to continue with the service I would send a letter recorded/special delivery stating that you wish to cancel the service and are giving one months notice. State the date you believe that month to be up (add a couple of days to keep them happy!)

When that time has passed I'd stop using the service and refuse to pay any more monies they claim are owed.

Stuartli 15:33 15 Apr 2004

I pay my Tiscali monthly account by direct debit and have done so for the past five years, so I can't understand your statement that you can no longer do so.

nifermac 15:52 15 Apr 2004

i paid with my debit card the whole time i was with them from when they took over tinyonline.
they always took payment from it no problem. but in june last year they decided that they no longer take that form of payment but neglected to inform me of this very important information.
even after i rang them to give them my new card details as my card expired.

what i really want to know is if my cancellation request is being processed but am unable to find out from any source so far.

Stuartli 16:21 15 Apr 2004
  Stuartli 16:22 15 Apr 2004

Don't forget to include your account number.

nifermac

I have successfully terminated my contract with these, how I done it was as Sir Radfordin says giving them a date that you want to cancel, and that you will cancel payment from that date

Then STOP using it on that said date, revert back to dialup

If you have received email stating they will respond in 7 day’s that will be very unlikely, more like 14 to 21 do not rely on that. Get that letter off in the post
Copy it into an email send that email to all dept in tiscali

[email protected] [email protected]

Tiscali Forum Support Team [email protected]

Tiscali Billing [email protected]

Best of luck

Longreacher 17:27 15 Apr 2004

Having read of your problems with Tiscali I have now decided against using them for BBand - or dial up for that matter. Trust you find peace with your next ISP

hector 911 14:24 17 Apr 2004

I used tiscali for quite a while, and all I ever did when I didn't want a package, was downgrade or upgrade to the option I wanted, in the customer account options, never had any problems, when I stopped using their service I downgraded to PAYG to keep e-mail address.

hector 911
not as easy as that when you have broadband

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?