Is Canada cheaper

joebloggs1 01:07 20 Mar 2005

Visiting Canada soon - does anyone know ig items like Game Boy Advance SP or Nintendo DS etc are a lot cheaper out there

rickf 10:22 20 Mar 2005

Was there last year. Can't tell you about the specific items you mentioned but my impression was that things were around 15% to 20% cheaper. At least the items I looked at. Bought an Epiphone Electric Guitar and saved around £60. The shop was really keen to sell and the service was excellent. They did not have the one I wanted and got one to delivered from another branch some 200 miles away the next day for me. How's that for service.

Salinger 11:25 20 Mar 2005

You can check some prices here click here

Salinger 11:27 20 Mar 2005

You might need this, too click here

spuds 13:35 20 Mar 2005

Remember to take the following into consideration, before you purchase,as these suggestions may prove a deciding factor on any return to the UK. Warranties not transferable,Credit card consumer rights not applicable, import duties, possible extra baggage allowances and airport/aircraft security. Remember that certain computer related items may have an export/import restriction imposed.

Sounds bad, but that bargain and few pounds/dollars saved, can turn out to be a problem after you have that great purchase.

sunny staines 15:04 20 Mar 2005

in some parts of canada sales tax is not added till you get to the till. graphics cards are a lot cheaper there.

Salinger 18:18 20 Mar 2005

I forgot about the Sales Tax, You can add 15% to all the prices quoted (Ontario) 8% Government + 7% provincial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?