Can I trust Desktop Option?

dwi3l-a 13:43 07 Nov 2006

I am looking for a cheap base unit and after looking at a number of sites I have found Desktop option to be the cheapest. However I am unable to find any reviews about the company. They are a subsidury of Pc option and I have been informed by the company they have been reviewed in this forum... somewhere... (I cant find it). Has anyone used either company.. Could you confirm your experience. Perhapse if anyone knows how they would compare to big companies like Dell and Mesh?
Thanks

The Brigadier 14:15 07 Nov 2006

Try click here they make 1st class base units. They are that good you do not need to read reviews on them, i have been a happy customer since 2000 with no problems ever!

dwi3l-a 14:51 07 Nov 2006

Its not as cheap, anyone know anything about Desktop option or PC option?

wee eddie 15:04 07 Nov 2006

click here

I know nothing of them. That doesn't mean that they are not reliable or anything.

dwi3l-a 15:40 07 Nov 2006

No. Its a company called Pc Options. click here and click here. Prices are good, so want ot make sure they won't take the money and run. Contacted the company and they said they had had reviews on this site in the forums section.

Spark6 15:51 07 Nov 2006

I would suggest that you study their terms and conditions, pay particular attention to their 'money back' guarantee.

dwi3l-a 16:07 07 Nov 2006

Cheers Spark6. Anyone suggest any local companies i could look at? i'm in Belfast. Failing that anyone have a good experience with anyone?

spuds 18:21 07 Nov 2006

"won't take the money and run". Not if you pay by credit card, they won't.

Mitts 20:53 12 Nov 2006

dwi3l-a

I'm also from Northern Ireland. Did you manage to find anything, with regards to purchasing a new machine?

I was told about Mplex but they did not do the specs I was interested in.

Regards,

Stuartli 23:22 12 Nov 2006

You may find what you require here:

click here

Excellent company to deal with and prompt delivery.

Stuartli 23:24 12 Nov 2006

Also:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?