Can i get a free livebox

Shutt1e 18:01 09 Aug 2006

I am with orange at the moment and want there wireless livebox is there any way of getting one as they have said i have to get a £30 mobile phone contract with them ?

Stuartli 18:03 09 Aug 2006
  Shutt1e 18:05 09 Aug 2006

yer i no but no one answered my question and im only 13 so i dont have £60 pound to spend on a wireless router

ade.h 18:43 09 Aug 2006

I thought we had already established that you would be better off with your own choice of ADSL modem/router.

If you are only 13 years old, then presumably it is your parents who pay for your internet connection. If they are not prepared to buy you a router, then perhaps you should get a paper round or something and save up some money. The cheapest *decent* routers are around £45.

Shutt1e 18:46 09 Aug 2006

hehe na im not aloud paper round to dodgy lol thats what ive been told i get £20 a month its gunna be hard to save for dat long means i cant go any where lol so go for the 7632uk yer

Stuartli 20:25 09 Aug 2006

You don't need to spend £60:

click here

or

click here

I've just got the wired equivalent which cost under £25 including delivery, the Extra Value 2 Port ADSL and ADSL2/2+ Modem Router with SPI Firewall, but it's gone up by £3 plus VAT since last week...:-)

Shutt1e 21:55 09 Aug 2006

yer its good but if i was going to buy a router id get belkin cause ade.h said there easy to set up and id buy it from pc world as if something went rong or i couldnt set it up i could take it back

De Marcus™ 22:13 09 Aug 2006

13? It's way past your bedtime ;-)

Nonetheless, there's no harm asking your mam & dad if you can wash the car, tidy up the garden, etc for a bit of extra cash (agree the sum in principal first ;-), you'll often find parents quite generous when it comes to the the jobs they hate doing, I did ;-)

There's also no harm in asking the neighbours the same thing, so long as you have your mam and dads permission.

I was always an entrepreneur from age 7 upwards, lol.

Stuartli 22:34 09 Aug 2006

>>as if something went rong or i couldnt set it up i could take it back>>

Not a legitimate basis on which to return an item that you have opened, played around with and then, because you are apparently unaware of what you should do, would expect PC World to take back.

Not a very upright or moral stance to adopt, whatever your age.

Shutt1e 10:52 10 Aug 2006

yer i no but they won't come round and install it for me will they so they can't expect every costumer to no what there doing, hopefully i do know how to set 1 up so ill go and buy a belkin 7632uk ,ade.h said there easy to set up and he knows alot about networking.

spuds 13:15 10 Aug 2006

"so they can't expect every customer to no what there doing", but places like PC World do, and if not, then ask before you purchase the item. Setting up can be very easy to those that have set many of this type of equipment up. It's when a unit is either faulty or proving more difficult, that you need further help and advice from PC World, this or a similar help forum or website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?