can BT get anything right ??

thisisnighthawk 15:56 11 Feb 2004

just had a letter (post) about my credit card, and the www address for updating the details is.

click here

which takes you to the yahoo website which has nothing to do with BT

thisisnighthawk 15:58 11 Feb 2004

sounds like me as well, i put the address in with lots of spaces, and still got the click here, so i will try again.

btyahoointernetteam

.com

/bcc/directdebit

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:49 11 Feb 2004

I would suggest that this is a hoax. There should be no need to update your details.

G

thisisnighthawk 16:54 11 Feb 2004

very good point, but in this case, the letter came by post telling me that my card was about to expire, and did i want to pay by direct debit in future...

georgemac 17:49 11 Feb 2004

to direct debit - much easier to cancel

Hoax or no hoax, I have today recieved a letter from BTYahoo addressed "Dear Smith" which then goes on to say that as I have terminated my account on the 10th October 2003 they are now holding me to the contract terms which require payment of the balance of the contract. Therefore they will be debiting my card the princely sum of £0.00. (I had had an account for two years and so was well outside the contract period).

Considering I had MAJOR problems with them when they terminated my new Nildram account only days after having it activated on the instructions of the last owner of the property some two weeks after we had moved in and further that they have paid compensation to me for it, it beggars belief that they still cannot get their records straight.

thisisnighthawk 18:04 11 Feb 2004

Just what i thought, so I did....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?