can anyone recommend a multi format dvd player thats not 10x larger than average?

theDarkness 22:58 09 Feb 2009

I save alot of family digital camera photos and videos onto dvd, often as jpg and xvid divx files. I am after a dvd player that than therefore play all these popular formats. Can anyone recommend anything that is of a fairly compact size and not too expensive? I currently have a philips dvd player that can play most of the above, but it is rather large, and does not play everything (video of high bitrate or size it can stutter), so i thought now would be a good time to upgrade. I was going to do this a while back but i never got around to it. Can anyone recommend a multi format player they have tried themselves, of a physical size equal to or smaller than the average dvd player? thanks for any info

Stuartli 00:28 10 Feb 2009

>>...not 10x larger than average? >>

You'd need quite a large living room to house it...:-)

If you visit Asda or similar stores, they usually have a cheapo DVD player that will, amazingly, play anything that you throw at it.

Pacific is, or used to be, the Asda brand name.

But it won't/isn't likely to be an upgrade in the sense that you mean.

pjwheeldon 19:27 10 Feb 2009

I bought a great little player from tescos the other week for £24.95, which covers all the formats and is an HDMI upscaler to boot! Smaller than an A4 page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?