Can anybody reccomend a camcorder?

darkreign 09:35 17 Sep 2008

Hi peeps

Mine is a case of 'the more i research the more confused i become'.

I'm thinking of buying a camcorder with a budget of £500. It's must be HD. have optical stabiliser, 10 X optical zoom (or more), high MP for still photos, have HDD and memory cards. compact size preferred.

After many many days i'm looking at this one
click here from Electro center

But i feel my decision is bourne of frustration! What do you think of this and the shop 'Electro Centre'? Is there something better out there within my requirements?

Many thanks
Darkreign

PFMarconi 10:26 17 Sep 2008

Hi peeps
1st of all I'm no expert on this subject but two years ago, when deciding on a digital stills camera, one of the sites I checked out was click here.
I'm sure you will have done plenty of searches under "review", so that you have some idea as to how owners feel about the product. I would also do a review on the Electro centre, to determine if they're a reliable business.

PFM

chub_tor 11:02 17 Sep 2008

Before I bought my Sony HD camcorder I did my research using these two sites click here# and click here. You will find an abundance of help and opinion on the latter.

Kevscar1 17:14 17 Sep 2008

It looks good but way to expensive. I.ve just got this one and the zoom is way better than that.

click here

project 90 18:50 17 Sep 2008

sony the way for me picture quality is amazing and stills ar great too

i got the sr90 hdd was too early for the high def 1's shame :D

darkreign 00:55 18 Sep 2008

PFMarconi thanks for your link but unfortunately they seem to be focused on cameras only. Still your link will be useful later this year when i buy a camera.

Every body else thanks for your advice and links.

As i'm still undecided i have posted a similar thread on another forum. This is in no way to disrespect PCA or the valued forum members on here. As a result i will close this thread and hope you will not be offended by my actions.

Many thanks to you all.
Darkreign

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017