Camcorder advice

slim 65 19:09 10 Jan 2005

I was looking at the offers on the Canon MV 700i camcorder , prices rangeing from £269 to £299. This will be my first camcorder so I want to get it right. Any comments on this choice or other alternatives. Must have dv in/out , image stabiser and coloured lcd screen . Max price £300.

Busy 21:34 10 Jan 2005

I bought the Canon MV750i in August,my first Digital camcorder.Its very similar to the 700i.I think you would be quite happy with it,nice to handle,very good images,reasonable sound..really you should read some reviews cos its impossible to know what someone else likes.Type Canon mv700i review into a Google search.

davidg_richmond 00:34 11 Jan 2005

ive got the mv700 not 700i, very pleased with it, having worked for Dixons I had the chance to see a good few models but found the basic one would suit me as much as the more expensive. Nice feel to it, easy to use and good quality zoom compared to others.

Meng 09:02 11 Jan 2005

You might want to look at a digital camcorder review website click here for some advice.

slim 65 09:32 11 Jan 2005

Thanks for for the advice. Would it be a major disadvantage to get one without a dv in/out connector . All I want to do is to edit on the pc and download back to the camcorder tape and watch the results on the tv.Unfortunately I do not have a dvd recorder on my pc , only a cdr.

Pamy 18:55 12 Jan 2005

Yes it would be a major disadvantage not to have DV in on your camcorder if " all you want to do is record back to your camcorder tape".

Pamy

slim 65 19:26 12 Jan 2005

Today I went out and purchased some camcorder mags to look at the reviews and also had a good look around the net.Seems to me that the JVC GR-D53 represents very good value for money at about £270 and probably has as many features that I would want as a beginner. All advice appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017