Cable Universe Ltd

dave_and_confused 12:10 23 Aug 2005

cableuniverse.co.uk

Ordered a USB 2.0 - Ethernet adaptor back on the 8th of August.

Went to use it yesterday (22nd August) and the adaptor wouldn't work with the USB 2.0 drivers. After a few tries i tried the USB 1.1 drivers and all worked well.

Looking at the CD manual the USB 1.1 adaptor is blue and the USB 2.0 adaptor is black. Mine was blue. On the rear of the packaging the USB box was ticked and not the USB 2.0 box.

I e-mailed Cable Universe and told them of the problem. Within 2 minutes I'd had an apology and promise of a new USB 2.0 device in the post immediately. I was also advised to keep the old USB 1.1 device.

Result - 8 am this morning the new USB 2.0 adaptor arrived.

Most impressed.....

GibsonSt19 16:08 23 Aug 2005

Yes, I've used these guys before and was also most impressed.

I guess everyone makes mistakes, but the real proof of the pudding can be seen in how they address their mistakes.

GibsonSt19 16:08 23 Aug 2005

Yes, I've used these guys before and was also most impressed.

I guess everyone makes mistakes, but the real proof of the pudding can be seen in how they address their mistakes.

Meshuga 18:57 27 Aug 2005

I`ve had a lot of stuff from them and always impressed by their delivery speed and attention to any problems.

dave_and_confused 13:27 29 Aug 2005

Dyson

3 year old Dyson starts cutting out after 10 minutes. Overheating. Go through all the checks on-line and can't resolve it so i fill in the details to arrange an engineer to come for a service (£55 - parts, labour, the LOT (except filters)). Anyway the lady on the phone asks me to do a few more checks and determines that water may have got in the cyclone head (likely because before it started to play up the dogs water bowl was tipped on the floor), mixed with dust and "set like concrete restricting the airflow". She suggested holding off on the engineer and trying a new cyclone head. Now this is a major part of the Dyson and i expected to pay for the part but no - Dyson are sending the part for free! Even got an e-mail confirming free dispatch! If it doesn't fix the problem I'll need to pay for the engineer. But a major component for free. Two years outside warranty...

How can they do it?

Sorry had to tell someone.....

Terry Brown 22:40 02 Sep 2005

Thanks for the link, added it to my shops to go to for network equipment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?