buying a wireless keyboard and mouse

zero1poppy 11:09 24 Jan 2006

can anyone make any recommendatoin on which set to buy

SG Atlantis® 11:20 24 Jan 2006

Microsoft or Logitech.

The more you spend the better.

Shortstop 11:50 24 Jan 2006

I have just bought my first wireless keyboard from ebuyer [click here].

As my daughter had a terrible time installing her [reasonably] expensive one about a year ago, I decided to go 'Cheap & cheerful' as long as it was a multi-media one so I could just chuck it if there were any issues - but I'm perfectly happy with this one that only cost about £6 not including postage ;o)

HTH

Paul

sunny staines 15:35 24 Jan 2006

go for solar keyboards, the batteries apparently last longer and a mouse with a charger pod.

spuds 16:50 24 Jan 2006

I am with Shortstop on this one. Cheap and cheerful from Ebuyer. Bought one about six months ago, works just fine.

wallbash 18:16 24 Jan 2006

Well I am with SG Atlantis® on this one
Gone for a Logitech for myself and a Microsoft for the family, both getting on to the £50 mark. Both have the 'charger pod' ( a must)

You need something you feel comfortable with , so pop down to PC world , find a display counter and hit some keys.... fondle a mouse

(then buy from ebay/amazon )

freaky 19:27 24 Jan 2006

It's the old story - you pay's your money and you get's what you got !

My own personal opinion is either Microsoft or Logitech - got both and they are all excellent.

My new Mesh came with a Logitech keyboard, and as I use it a lot for gaming - bought a Logitech G5 Laser USB Mouse - a precision piece of kit, and can be fine tuned using the supplied CD software - they also supply a box of weights so you can balance it to suit your preferences.

My 6-year old workhorse PC has a Microsoft Internet Keyboard - this has a handy 'sleep mode' button - one press and the PC is fast asleep, another press and it wakes up ready to go ! With this PC I have a Microsoft Cordless Mouse - both of these have worked OK for years apart from replacing the mouse batteries ever 3-4 months.

anskyber 20:31 24 Jan 2006

I agree. by the way freaky I thought you were banned from this site!

freaky 20:45 24 Jan 2006

I sent the FE a free voucher to visit Barry Island fairground - so am keeping my fingers's crossed !!

Stuartli 15:38 25 Jan 2006

Wireless keyboard and optical mouse sets at £14.99 or £19.99 in my area from makes such as Trust - usually these are the excellent A4Tech products rebadged under the suppliers' names.

Lidl occasionally has its Silvercrest brand sets (again A4Tech rebadged) at £19.99. I have one of these sets and it is comfortable to use and the mouse is very precise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?