Buying A Sound Card and Speakers

gcs_uk 23:22 05 May 2003

Currently in the process of upgrading my computer, I have added a graphics card, CD/RW and in process of getting a 2nd hard drive.

However after listening to a friends computer I have realised that I have severly negelected the sound aspect.

So I want to buy a sound card and a set of speakers.

Does anyone know of any companies which are doing a deal on a sound card and speakers.

Ideally I only want to spend about £50 on the sound card and £50 on the speakers.

I know that I will not cutting edge state of the art technology for that price but I think it will be sufficient for my needs.

I bought a 64mb Nvidia graphics card off ebay for £40.00 and that does me fine for all my gaming needs.

So any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

TIA

rev.bem 23:34 05 May 2003

speakers

click here.

soundcard

click here

Murray 00:18 06 May 2003

have a look here if you want to see a range of cards

I am considering getting the hurcules one for £12.50 - obviously on a different budget to yourself, but ask yuorself what do you want it to do, or do you just want the best you can get for £50?

kane_2002k 00:24 06 May 2003

would be your best bet for the sound card. Should be around £45, u may even beable to pick up sound blaster audigy 2 for about £65 - but an audigy should cover your audio needs pretty soundly

gcs_uk 08:19 06 May 2003

thanks for all your help - very much appreciated.

rickf 19:57 08 May 2003

Don't know where you are based but Morgan computers in London are selling videologic XR500 5.1 speakers for £35. My friend bought two sets last wk.as we could not believe our ears. They sound great both connecetd to pc and dvd player

Murray 12:45 09 May 2003

just realised I forgot to paste the link

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017