Buying new laptop - advice needed please!

Widdy37 12:03 21 May 2007

Hi - I have been looking at getting a new laptop for so long now and keep getting confused by conflicting advice!

My budget is around £500 and I guess I'm looking for a desktop replacement as I'm only going to be moving it around different rooms in the house (docking to my lcd tv/screen (dci input), printer, scanner etc. downstairs, but as a tv/dvd replacement in my bedroom). Wanted really just for internet, email, tv, dvd, photos, music, and ideally want around a 17" screen.

I was told to go for a minimum of a core duo processor, but now recently have been recommended the Acer Aspire 9301 with the Turion 64 MK-36, which I have heard is better (but not core duo?)?

Any solutions offered would be great!

Thanks,

Widdy37

wishtobwireless 07:03 22 May 2007

My laptop was sold to me Toshiba Equium and I was told it would have around 3 hrs life. It only ever had 1 hr 15 mins at its best and now after 18months 10 minutes!

Widdy37 09:35 22 May 2007

Thanks for info, but as I say, it's really a desktop replacement so will be plugged in most of the time, so not such an issue for me.

Now also debating spending a little more and going for the Toshiba P100...

wjrt 12:19 22 May 2007

click here

could be the one. looks good

Widdy37 16:29 22 May 2007

Thanks - this is exactly the one I JUST bought off ebuyer (with an extra £10 off buying through google accounts)! Definitely worth the extra £50 I think - looks great and has got good reviews. Will report back if not!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?