Buying a Multivision Arcus 5050 - Good idea?

Kirbster 07:48 26 Nov 2003

I'm interested in buying a Multivision Arcus 5050. The specs look good but I've heard about poor customer service and have spotted some inaccuracies on the website which are deterring me from buying one.

Has anyone got a multivision or any info I might find useful to help me make a decision?

Diodorus Siculus 10:37 26 Nov 2003

I've got a multivision desktop and it serves me very well; good build quality and good price. It all depends on how much customer service you are likely to need - I am confident enough to have used the basic chasis I got from MV as a building block for many upgrades and am very happy with the machine. I don't think that MV would recognise the machine now after two years (other than it saying MultiVision on the case!).

What are you looking for in a laptop? Quality components - I think they are there (most of these machines come from a few Far East factories churning them out). Good software bundle? Well, if it has what you want, then go for it.

According to the advertisment that MV have in the current PC Pro, you can return the machine within 14 days if you don't like it. Plus, if it is not working, get in touch with them and ask for your money back.

Finally, essential advice to any potential purchaser: buy with a credit card. That way you have greater control over what happens.

Diodorus Siculus 21:50 06 Feb 2004

Hope that you didn't buy from MV...

Kilobyte 22:57 06 Feb 2004

Multivision ceased trading in January '04!

Diodorus Siculus 07:42 07 Feb 2004

Kilobyte - hence my comment yesterday :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache