Buying memory from Crucial

JoeC 17:13 14 Mar 2003

I thought I would get my wife extra memory since her computer only had 64 MB. On Tuesday evening I looked at the Crucial site. I had to email them as computer manufacturer not listed. Got reply email Wednesday detailing what memory I required so I ordered the memory on the website that day. I got email response to say that my order was being processed and I would be sent an email to say the memory was " in the post ".
On Thursday,the memory arrived - before I got the email saying it had been posted.
Now THAT is what I call service - well done Crucial. : }

Eagie 17:38 14 Mar 2003

I've been thinking about getting a wife - do they often need extra memory adding?

:-)

On a serious note Crucial are good. I have never ordered with them directly, but their services through Dabs.com has always been first class.

VoG™ 17:45 14 Mar 2003

I had a similar experience. Ordered from the website last Sunday night. E-mail confirmation etc. and delivered at 8am on Tuesday.

I also found the system for selecting suitable memory to be superb. Just select the mobo and off you go.

I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Djohn 18:02 14 Mar 2003

As VoG™ says, I too ordered, using the memory selector, and received two days later, also on the memory selector page you also get a recommendation of which graphic cards will go well with your system.

PS. don't forget to use a *savers coupon*, always a minimum of at least 5% off your total price. J.

MickE1 18:58 14 Mar 2003

Yes I found similar,memory sticks arrived next day.Also, cheaper than local generic equivalent , wiyhout the benefit of the repacement back up.

stumac 19:47 14 Mar 2003

I also ordered memory from crucial two weeks before christmas just gone and recieved delivery within two days..agreat service.

Rtus 20:00 14 Mar 2003

They are a first class service in every sense of that description. I'd never buy from anywhere else.

kingkenny 14:55 16 Mar 2003

I recently ordered a 256Mb DDR module from then on a monday at around 1.30pm online.

I received the module with my mail, registered delivery, the next day. Very impressed with the service the offer and the prices are great too!

but freakily quick....!!! How do they do it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?