buying a laptop - best bang for your buck...?

Bansaw 18:59 18 Mar 2010

I am thinking of buying a new laptop.

I would like it to have a decent graphics card, 4GB and perhaps a 400GB hard drive.

What laptop is a good make but gives you best money value.
eg: someone told me Toshiba was a very good solid make but they primarily did business machines so their 'gaming' laptops were pricey.
Whereas Acer gives you more money value for the spec but they are more fragile...

whats your opinion?

thanks,,

(price range upto about 400 upto 750 quid)

chub_tor 19:09 18 Mar 2010

Not sure you will get much of a gaming laptop even for £750 but here is a review of the top 10 in the USA, many of which can be found over here. It will give you an indication of what you can get for your money.

chub_tor 19:10 18 Mar 2010

Soory the link click here

ame 19:57 18 Mar 2010

WARNING - Norton blocked some sort of attack when I clicked on chub_tor's link. Didn't bother to investigate the nature of the attack.

ame 21:58 18 Mar 2010

click here is another site that is very useful for comparing performance. Other pages on this site give lots of information, including games performance of mobile graphics cards. click here may give you some indication of medium-long term reliability. It's not gospel, though.

yasir-1424283 05:32 19 Mar 2010

There are lots of sites who are selling laptops you can check their prices and purchase them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache