1. Whatever you buy now will look positively historic in two years time. Such is the nature of computers.
2. I can't see any glaring issues. The Trust speakers are probably the weakest link, retailing at about £6.00p a pair. (Trust products whilst being adequate are basic entry level).
3. Graphics are getting ridiculous. You can pay as much for a graphics card as a complete computer. Inevitably, it will always be a compromise, unless you have unlimited funds.
4. Monitors are very personal. I've bought really cheap monitors on-line, took a gamble and loved 'em. I've seen really expensive ones and couldn't live with them for five minutes! As they say, you pays yer money and takes yer choice.
5. I would say Vista is crap, but many others will tell you it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's all about what you get used to. However, Vista *is* resource intensive.
I rather suspect though, on balance, you'd be quite happy with that specification. However, you haven't said what it costs and that is the bottom line.