Buying from Amazon.co.uk

Tick Tock 23:41 06 Mar 2004

It will be my first time buying online when
i make a purchase will i recieve a confamation
e-mail.
Thanks.

ajm 23:45 06 Mar 2004

I have bought lots of stuff from both Amazon.co.uk and anazon.com. At all times, they confirm the order and also inform you of despatch. They also allow you to track progress of your order. Buy with confidence

Forum Editor 00:43 07 Mar 2004

than Amazon. You'll find them efficient, speedy and safe. I can't fault them at all.

Steven135 01:19 07 Mar 2004

Amen to the above they show how internet commerce should be run.

ch0pper 08:02 07 Mar 2004

I've spent thousands of pounds (and dollars) on books from amazon.

The only occasional downside is that a book cannot be sourced and they tell me they've deleted the order.

They even have a superb returns policy and they have processed the few books that I've sent back without a quibble. In fact, I'd say they behave in the same way as Marks & Spencer, which is a very strong compliment from me.

rickf 08:56 07 Mar 2004

This is one of the best online retailers. I have bought and sold through them many times w/o any problems at all.

Andybear 09:51 07 Mar 2004

On the whole, Amazon are brilliant. I've ordered loads of stuff from both the UK and US sites. My only complaint is that they might say on the page of a particular item that it can be dispatched within 24 hours, but on my confirmation email it says 2 weeks or whatever. This has happened to me on several occasion. For example, a few weeks ago I ordered a book from the UK site. On the web page it said delivery would be within 2 to 3 days. My confirmation email said 4 to 6 weeks! I queried it but they said it was down to obtaining the stock etc. I checked the web page a couple of days later and it still said delivery was within 2 to 3 days. I queried with them why mine was stated as taking 4 to 6 weeks but the web page still said 2 to 3 days. They didn't answer. In the end I cancelled the order and ordered the book from the US site. It arrived the following week. That's my only quibble with them. If you want to order something for a specific date, it's best to order well in advance, just to be on the safe side.

Sailorbuoy 10:21 07 Mar 2004

Be careful with their associated 'market place' and associated suppliers offering slightly cheaper or second-hand books. I was caught out and had to purchase. I only wanted to check mthe cost of postage. Amazon pass your card details to those suppliers who are not contactable and do not allow you to pull out.
ALWAYS make sure you scroll down to the bottom of EVERY screen as without knowing you have made a purchase and no way of pulling out. Amazon consequently lost the purchase! I tried to point this out to them and surprisingly they were't interested. Caviat emptor!

thisisnighthawk 12:01 07 Mar 2004

I also have got loads of gear from Amazon and never once have i ever had to get in touch, they keep you unformed all the way...ace..

thisisnighthawk 12:39 07 Mar 2004

that of course should read "informed" the spill chucker was not working..

spuds 12:47 07 Mar 2004

As others have suggested, Amazon is a first rate company with customer service to match.I have used the company four times, and in each case everything worked out great,including sourcing from the USA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?