Buying advice. New PC

blocker11 15:25 06 Oct 2008

Hi,

I'm currently looking into buying a new PC at the moment but with so much choice on the market i'm not really sure where to turn to.

I currently have a AMD Athlon 1.78ghz(i think!)
512MB, 80GB also has a GE Force 5200x graphics card (Not sure if thats 100% correct)

I'm a casual user of my home PC, playing games like Football Manager, Golf Games and i also use a lot of Microsoft office for work related task. I'm connected to the Internet via Netgear Wireless Router.

I have a budget of around £500 - £900. So i'm hoping to really upgrade from my "old" PC

Thanks

version8 15:45 06 Oct 2008

Try Novatech click here
Who provide great service & support.
Or try Overclockers and use their pc builder click here

silverpc 17:23 08 Oct 2008

I've always found click here to be excellent value for a custom pc build; they're also extremely fast with free delivery and a free 2 year warranty. You could start with their mid-range gaming pc

click here AMD Base Unit/1/code/cs-game-ml/act/gpage

which starts at £405 inc VAT.

Hope this helps.

silverpc 17:26 08 Oct 2008

Sorry - messed that up!

I've always found powerc click here to be excellent value for a custom pc build; they're also extremely fast with free delivery and a free 2 year warranty. You could start with their mid-range gaming pc click here which starts at £405 inc VAT.

Hope this helps.

polo 20:37 08 Oct 2008

I've just bought an Isys EX pro from Novatech. Super very fast, works like a dream for the sort of thing you seem to want. Choice of XP or VISTA, I got XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone