Buying advice for Digi camera and direct printer

Singerz 15:01 08 Dec 2004

I'm looking to buy a Digital Camera for max £300. Can anyone please tell me what is the best buy for the money?

Also, I'd like to buy one of the new "direct to print" printers, where you plug in your memory card, and you can print your photos out. Not sure how much these are but if anyone can recommend one I'd appreciate it.

Kodan 20:17 08 Dec 2004

Quick!

Hurry to Argos and buy a HP photosmart 7660. I bought one, they are 75 quid (half RRP!) and get good reviews, especially for B & W digiprints.

And it takes lots of memory cards, and prints out a proof sheet. And apparently you can mark the proof sheet to select which shots you want and the printer will scan the sheet and print your selection. (I find this hard to believe, but...)

Anyway, I printed some shots on cheapo glossy photo paper and was amazed at the colour rendition.

The 7660 is slow and expensive to run though, so the reviews say.

I have kept my Epson C42 for text prints, and the 7660 for lubbly cullah!

Cook2 20:49 08 Dec 2004

Also have a look at Epson R300 click here £87.84.

Card readers, printing pics without using the computer + direct to CD printing. 6 cartridges, economical on ink and excellent prints.

Cook2 20:51 08 Dec 2004

Novatech also have a good selection of cameras in your price range. click here

Kodan 07:40 09 Dec 2004

Also, with regard to cameras, I bought a Minolta Dimage Z1 for 180 pounds and am very happy with it, even though it "only" has 3.2 megapixels - but I wish I had waited and bought the new equivalent, which has a lesser zoom of only 8x, but 4 million megapixels. They are lovely enthusiasts cameras, and they make you look so much like a member of the elite.

Diodorus Siculus 08:08 09 Dec 2004

Singerz - have a look at the Nikon Coolpix 5200 for £205 from Amazon.co.uk - 5mp, 3 optical zoom and lots of other features.

anchor 19:52 09 Dec 2004

Can`t help with a recommendation for the printer, but would suggest the Canon S60 camera: £275 here.

click here

I have its predecessor, the Canon S50, which is a really excellent camera!!. The S60 is similar, but with a slightly wider angle lens.

Singerz 09:24 10 Dec 2004

Thanks for everyones help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017