Buy now or later & refurbished

Elston 14:07 27 Jul 2007

Im going to university in October, and im looking to buy a Desktop for anything up to £1300. I would like to play the latest games.
Is it a good idea getting a Refurbished PC?
such as this
click here

Question is should i wait a litle before buying, could there be better deals on offer in september?
Does anyone have any other buying suggestions?
Thanks

spuds 14:36 27 Jul 2007

That particular model seems to have suitable specifications, but remember the extra price for a monitor. The unit itself can be a simple returns under the distance selling regulations or perhaps a 'problem' computer that someone has rejected, either way you still have a full 12 months warranty available (which I would check out the details, before purchase, as they may differ slightly from a brand new machine).

Waiting for a better bargain, doesn't seem to apply nowadays. Retailers and manufacturers all seem to have 'bargains buys' every month.

Remember to buy with a credit card or computer finance for extra security and more peace of mind.

Stuartli 16:12 27 Jul 2007

Plenty at BigPockets, plus up to three year warranties:

click here

This is another excellent company:

click here

The Brigadier 16:47 27 Jul 2007

Try click here
They have been around at least 10 years & offer some great bargains!

Totally-braindead 19:04 27 Jul 2007

To a certain degree theres never a right time to buy a PC, whatever you buy now will be available cheaper 6 months down the line or if you buy the very best it will be replaced by something else 3 months down the line.
Personally I like Novatech PCs and some of them would do you nicely - remember the price is without the monitor you have to pick one and add that to your final price click here assumming you get a Vista PC then get 2 gig of RAM.

wjrt 21:21 27 Jul 2007

click here
at the least one of these the cheaper will do for a while but the more expensive should see you longer and for a monitor look at the viewsonic vx922 and probably look for windows xp pro as operating system although some gamesr feel that vista has progressed far some still say some games not playable on vista

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?