bulldog prob pipex v tiscali = move to bt or sky?

sunny staines 15:43 25 Oct 2008

Getting frustrated since my ISP has changed hands problems on click here

narrowed it down to BT or SKY, we have sky tv already, has anyone got experience of both BT and SKY can give some feedback.

my bulldog package is unlimited usage, upto 8mg speed has dropped from 7mg to 4-5 since tiscali came on scene, free phone calls anytime and free rental looking for similar.

when pipex bought bulldog all ok but now tiscali have bought pipex, there is no tech support with tiscali or pipex they are saying each other is responsible for bulldog. With no solution and no incoming email looking for a move.

spuds 22:07 25 Oct 2008

Regarding Tiscali, there are rumours that CarPhone Warehouse have restarted negotiations about a possible takeover. The other three previously interested parties now seem to have not bothered!.

RobCharles1981 22:27 25 Oct 2008

Hi Sunny Staines.

Any LLU available at your exchange??

click here

What modem router do you have?

Ile locate your line stats for you......

Kevscar1 22:44 25 Oct 2008

Been with Sky for years, only problem was at the start and they sent me a new router in 4 days. Upto 16MB for £10 depending on distance from exchange. I get 5.5 unlimited downloads.
According to radio ad Broadbandchecker survey has found them the best overall.

Taff™ 09:17 26 Oct 2008

I have eight customers on SKY and all are very satisified. If you already have SKY TV ring them up and ask how much to transfer your BB and phone package. Be sure to mention Virgin for the best deal! Whilst I also know several people who are with BT they do pay significantly more for their services although if things do go wrong they are generally quicker to respond.

beware of how well has your local exchange neen upgraded and the line from that exchange to your home.
My line speed is set at 6000 simply because the line is old and will probably be upgraded in several years or so. I am stuck with 6000 unless I pay for fibre optic dedicated line and even then my exchange is not scheduled for upgrade for some years yet
City folk are luckier BT has doen a lot of work fro larger numbers of customers

sunny staines 09:53 26 Oct 2008

thanks for replies I am on the LLU set up, Virgin do not cover our area, my internet is OK, just cannot get any email they get bounced back to sender mailbox full without me seeing them.

my phone line is with bulldog so may get delays swapping back to bt before I can apply for SKY.

for a last ditch at saving my present account anyone got a management phone number for pipex please.

Forum Member2 15:11 26 Oct 2008

I use SKY and it is the best isp i have ever used

there staff are more than helpful

internet is 10x faster then when i had aol

10/10 for service
10/10 for speed
10/10 and i'm happy

sunny staines 15:55 26 Oct 2008

Forum Member2

thanks unless i quickly get pipex/bulldog sorted i will go for sky. its just the weeks with no internet while phone gets switched then another wait for sky to connect.

^wave^ 16:07 26 Oct 2008

switched from pipex/tiscali to sky in feb because of probs and best move i ever made really good isp

sunny staines 17:44 26 Oct 2008

found some numbers for head office in stoke will try them monday, my package is cheaper than others so no keen to loose it and have a 3-4 weeks no net too. hq numbers below not tried them yet.

Pipex Communications 1 Triangle Business Park, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks HP22 5BL 0870 094 6060 0845 077 2455 0800 031 7317

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone