BTOpenworld.com

Bapou 12:06 03 Jul 2010

Today I checked the spam filter folder on my btopenworld account, just to see if a genuine message had been filtered.

There were six messages relating to my Openworld account supposedly from BT.

Examples (1)
Hello, "name."@btopenworld.com. (the name actually given was not mine to start with.

We received your request to reset your btopenworld.com password. To confirm your request and reset your password, follow the instructions below. Confirming your request helps prevent unauthorized access to your account.

If you didn't request that your password be reset, please follow the instructions below to cancel your request.

CONFIRM REQUEST AND RESET PASSWORD

Click on the following web address:

Example (2)
New secret questions were added to your btopenworld.com account.

To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you whenever this information changes.

This change request was made on Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:17:19 +0000

If the changes described above are accurate, no further action is needed. If anything doesn't look right, follow the link below to
make changes:

At this time I'm reluctant to contact BT regarding these messages, they do look very iffy enough to do nothing else but delete.

Nevertheless, it's worth mentioning here and any comments from Openworld customers would be helpful.

wee eddie 13:32 03 Jul 2010

An attempt to hi-jack your Account in some way, or find details, used by you to set-up Accounts, that can be used later.

spuds 19:10 03 Jul 2010

As wee eddie says, its spam. I and many other people get it all the time. Just bin it.

Bapou 21:52 03 Jul 2010

Thanks each, much appreciated. Anything related has now been deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?