bt? you're 'avin a laff

hello, nearly thirteen months ago i bought a computer, never had one before, or indeed a telephone. no i don't live in a cave, i just had 3 bolthole flats and used mobiles. about two years ago i got an address.
so, new pc, need a telephone line. called bt, bought option 3, told them i don't need the phone it was just for broadband. £29 + £11. a man came, put a socket on my wall, drank two cups of coffee, slagged of bt 'up to 8 meg my ?@!#' for a few minutes and left.
three days of playing hearts and staring longingly at my new socket a package arrived. i contained 2 phones, a home hub airfix kit and about 3000gb of bt yahoo help junk.
a month later, it still hadnt bedded in and i kept losing comms for 3 minutes every hour. i recieved my bill which was over £300, but that was ok as my monthly payment of £79.35 took care of it.
it took my 3 months to get a regular internet connection, and five recorded delivery complaints. they wouldn't tell me what i was paying for, they kept telling me they would post an account, which i never recieved.
about a fortnight ago i sent them a letter canceling my 12 month contract.
guess what i got today? a new monthly payment of £41 and £312 credited to my bank account!
so, i just phoned them up asking what was included in my £41 and was the £79.35 to cover the tuperware home hub and vast amounts of never used 'bloatware'
guess what? they are sending me details! rofl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?