BT Yahoo Broadband will not support Vista

tonyjon 11:30 29 Jan 2007

After several fruitless attempts to get some sense from BT Yahoo and Symantec whether BT Yahoo On Line Protection, which is part of their not cheap Broadband package, will be compatible with Vista, I have finally been advised that MAYBE by the end of February BT Yahoo Broadband MAY be compatible.

Beware those of you who have purchased PC's with Vista Upgrade, BT Broadband will not work propoerly and will not have anti-virus etc protection

ArrGee 13:36 29 Jan 2007

Thanks for that. I was just considering Vista, but think I'll hold off until BT Yahho can get their act together first.

spuds 13:37 29 Jan 2007

Perhaps this was to be expected, Vista being a new product and just being released.

boots2 17:57 29 Jan 2007

Thank's for that,I am awaiting vista upgrade but I will check before I load it on the PC.

Stuartli 18:33 29 Jan 2007

Vista's arrival has been known for some very considerable time, along with at least two Release Candidates in the past 12 months.

I'd say it's unacceptable not to have kept up with the pending arrival of a new operating system.

citadel 19:24 29 Jan 2007

microsoft delayed in giving symantec access to vital code.

tonyjon 09:16 04 Feb 2007

Strange

On installing Vista and going to the BT Yahaoo Protection link I was immediately offered a free copy of Symantec Interenet Security 2007, perhaps they don't tell Mumbai everything they need to know!

josie mayhem 14:56 04 Feb 2007

If you want vista, just drop the BT yahooo protection you can uninstall it you know....

I've found it to be a pain in the bum, constantly asking to allow programs anything trying to access the net up comes the window and you have to deal with it, allow or not to allow!!!

When I first got my package with BT, it even after the ititnal setting up of the connection, rebooting as instructed it wouldn't allow my or should I say its own browser to acces the internet untill I give the always allow permission to it, what a joke when it can't even tell that it is its own browser wannting access and not some nastie program...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017