BT Voyager wireless network - a compliment

nkosi 22:10 24 Nov 2004

A complimentary post for BT. After a couple of weeks of trepidation, planning to install my first wireless network, I plumped for the 'novice' option of a boxed bundle from BT, including the Voyager 2100 broadband router, a PCI wireless adapter for my desktop and a wireless card for my laptop. I bought the bundle from the BT.com shop on special offer. I ordered on Sunday and it arrived within 48 hours. All the components were matched and the installation instructions were cross-referenced. The instructions were clear, comprehensive, illustrated and in easy-to-understand language. The software and hardware installed exactly as per the instructions and I was finished within an hour, including fitting the PCI card.

I have excellent signal strength throughout the house and no problems whatsoever. The wireless desktop connection is noticeably faster than with the previous ADSL modem. The help desk number is in large type and you are encouraged to call if you have a problem. I can't tell you if they are good because I didn't need them, however they do charge 50p a minute. (Personally, I feel that you are more likely to get an answer if you are paying for the call than if it's a free line that your call is queued for.)

Well done BT for excellent service and an excellent product at a good price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017