BT total broadband

NoIdea21 23:43 08 Oct 2006

What do you think of Bt total broadband?
Have you got it and is it any good?
I have been using it for about 3 weeks with a few minnor problems, mainly broadband talk, internet connection seems reliable at 6.3kbps.
Customers service is a different story,

Mike D 08:25 09 Oct 2006

I've been with BT for coming up to a year and Broadband Total since 1 August. No major problems here (touching lump of wood), not too keen on the foreign call centre for customer service - they rely too much on scripts and don't listen to the caller; one advisor tried to use remote access (which they use for faulting) to access My Documents - he got very short shrift!

Mike

jarvis10@btinternet.com 11:03 09 Oct 2006

had it nearly 3 months now, against all advise! was totaly misold have the fsa investigating, nothing has gone right i lose internet connection about 8/10 times a day, cant speak to anyone i can understand, have had no reply to my 4 recorded delivery complaint letters begging some one to contact me. ther's a thread on networking where someone said the only way they sorted it was to count loses and chanbe isp, i have to agree! if it was'nt so expensive it would be very funny!

Field Division 12:41 09 Oct 2006

been with bt about 1 month now,Had no connection problems or anything else I can think of,spped I'm getting is around 7mg,
The only problem I have had was when they charged me for connection fee which they weren't supposed to do..so will need to sort that out.

Cymro. 17:26 09 Oct 2006

With B.T. six months, don`t get the speed they promised and the help line is very poor. But can`t compare with other I.S.P. as B.T. is the only one I have used.

amateurann 19:15 09 Oct 2006

Upgraded from lowly dialup in July. Found very easy to set up. Usually have desktop and 2 laptops online at same time (big family)and also use telephone. No major probs except hub fried in a thunderstorm. Replaced by BT at no cost within a week. Hub states download speed of 7008 kbs although click here says usually about 4900kbs

Mr Mistoffelees 20:22 09 Oct 2006

Been on BT Broadband for over 2 1/2 years. First on 1Mbs, then 2Mbs and since April on ADSL Max and getting the best speed as I live close to the exchange. Had one day when the service was down due to a national problem affecting thousands, otherwise has been completely reliable. Others may be cheaper but the quality of service I am getting is worth paying for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?