BT Studio 1100 cordless phone

anchor 11:39 11 Dec 2008

I have the above with two handsets; i.e. the base station and one other.

I would like to buy an additional handset that will definitely work with my existing units. Has anyone got a suggestion where one can be obtained?.

oresome 12:07 11 Dec 2008

From the BT FAQs

"If the product is GAP compatible you should be able to register any other GAP compatible handset to the base. However, it is likely that some features will not fully operate as the GAP standard only requires for handsets to make and receive a call, and ring when an internal, external and paging call is received. In the majority of cases, while not mandatory, the handset will also display Caller Display information. There will also be a limit to the number of handsets that can be registered to a base."

I've very recently replaced a Philips system with a BT Freelance. I've managed to register one of the Philips handsets with the new base with no problems or difficulty.

Stuartli 14:27 12 Dec 2008

I've done the reverse to oresome in that an original Philips DECT phone has been replaced with a BT Freestyle 650 as the main unit, with the Philips doing duty as a satellite on the top landing.

All that was required was "registering" the Philips to the BT Freestyle's answerphone unit, which took a matter of seconds.

But it does pay to ensure that you keep the manuals handy so such changes can be readily made...:-)

oresome 16:42 12 Dec 2008

.......keep the manuals handy.

The new phone came with a single folded sheet of instructions to get you going. The 54 page manual was available on-line only. I know it keeps costs down, but not very convenient.

anchor 16:50 12 Dec 2008

Thanks for your replies.

I have just downloaded the full 56 page manual for the BT Studio 1100, and it states it is GAP compatible. Good news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?