BT promo Xbox wifi adapter brush-offs & refusal

QinesiQ 19:42 27 Jul 2007

Hi folks

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts or advice.

In April I signed with BT BB via their online promotion website for a free Xbox wifi adapter. Over the next few months I made several phone calls to query the whereabouts of the promo adapter. I was told that it was out of stock or that someone would call me back (but never did). Earlier this week I finally got through to a helpful chap who re-filled in my promo-offer application and submitted it direct. He indicated no problems with my order and apologised for the delay. I distinctly remember that he asked me which site I had signed up on and I the one I provided was correct. I received an email today to say that my application has been refused because I did not sign up on the correct website! I have clear print out records which to my eyes confirm that I have singed up in the prescribed manner.

The email also made reference to a completely different website.

The link I signed up on was (and the one I was told was correct):

click here

The email made reference to:

click here

Looking at my print outs I feel that I have done all that was required of me. But either way BT clearly has no intention of honouring this promotion as evidenced by the repeated brush-offs and now this email.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kate B 20:47 27 Jul 2007

Scan your printouts and email them to BT.

QinesiQ 23:10 27 Jul 2007

Yes good thinking. I sent an email explaining what I did and attached the scanned pages earlier this evening. I hope it will have a positive effect.

Thanks for your reply

QinesiQ 21:18 13 Aug 2007

well I've tried to contact them further and I have sent my proofs but they are still refusing to send the adapter and they are now saying that I have not signed up on the correct site despite all my proofs.

They (the promotion managers - not BT I think) have said that its something to do with their automated service not recognising my application and that "it is not an intelligent system and so tough"

Any ideas this is very frustrating as I've done what has been asked of me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?