BT Fair Usage rules

Seth Haniel 09:05 27 Feb 2009

BT is tightening up rules governing usage limits for its retail broadband service.

From this month, punters who exceed their monthly usage limits are to be emailed about upgrading their packages. Subscribers of BT's Option 4 package - which costs £29.99 a month and includes a 40 gig limit - will also be warned about their usage.

Customers who consistently breach BT's download limits (BT Broadband Option 1 costs £17.99 a month and comes with a 2 gig limit, Option 2 is £22.99 and 6 gig, Option 3 is £26.99 and 20 gig) can expect to be charged £1 for each additional gig used.

MAJ 09:23 27 Feb 2009

Surely there can't be [sane] people actually paying those charges for a BB connection. Easy solution, change your ISP.

iambeavis 10:12 27 Feb 2009

You're a bit out with the monthly usage limits - click here

Seth Haniel 11:38 27 Feb 2009

apologees
Got Email from BT saying about charge of £1 for each gig over - searched the net and first result was the figures I got.

see now it is
10Gig for £15.65
15Gig for £20.54
"Unlimited" £24.46

iambeavis 12:00 27 Feb 2009

I just found the mail in my inbox, they sent me two - they must like me. I don't download a great deal, apart from software updates, so I'm not too bothered about it, besides which, I intend to find another ISP when my present contract with BT has expired.

If you have Sky for your TV, go with them for the broadband. Their MAX package is the only one that offers a truly "unlimited" package.

iambeavis 16:13 27 Feb 2009

That's worth considering, GoldenEagle. I have a few months to go before I can change, so it gives me some time to consider all my options.

iambeavis 16:14 27 Feb 2009

That's worth considering, GoldenEagle. I have a few months to go before I can change, so it gives me some time to consider all my options.

monkeyboy21 22:11 27 Feb 2009

Had to wait until this month as i was tied in to a BT package paying £15.65 for a 10gb package + £10 approx for a phone line. Average speeds were approx 2mb if i was lucky. I've just changed to Virgin Media (a gamble i understand) as i can get tv, broadband @ 10mb, u/l download and phone line for just above the same price as my BT package (£35). BT have regularly threatened to charge me extra for going over by 1 0r 2 GB every other month.

MAJ - sadly some of us were tied in to contracts but have since seen the light!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?