BT ADSL Upgrade

dth 15:42 02 Aug 2005

Does anyone know what is happening to the BT speed updates. I saw lots of publicity a few months ago but nothing recently.

Still on 1/2 mb here - have they forgot me?

Jackcoms 17:21 02 Aug 2005

Have you asked BT? They might know.

joey bloggs 18:59 02 Aug 2005

was on same as you been upgraded to 2.2 megabit.
only cause i was gonna cancel my contract ..me thinks there sorting out the people who complain or are new customers first

stalion 20:53 02 Aug 2005

phone them I did it seems they don't automatically offer it

Ancient Learner 20:58 02 Aug 2005

I have the same problem ( amongst many others some would say!). Tiscali says that they keep reviewing the situation, but until BT sort out my local exchange and the wires to where I live, I'm stuck. 2 miles from my exchange, and about 15 miles from two very large cities. I've checked with BT and they tell me the same story -:((

dth 11:56 03 Aug 2005

Cheers for the replies - I will see if hassling BT does the job.

Stuartli 13:14 03 Aug 2005

When the BB speed upgrades and lower cost BT Wholesale offers to ISPs were announced a few months ago, many ISPs stated that it could be up to August before all those eligible for a free upgrade had the service initiated.

dth 17:10 03 Aug 2005

Thanks for that Stuartli

Phil930 04:17 04 Aug 2005

For brand new customers only!!

You may be outside of the upgrade region as I know the length of my line still leaves me stuck on 512kb (or so they say).

Stuartli 09:20 04 Aug 2005

>> For brand new customers only!!>>

Not correct...:-)

Existing customers are being updated as appropriate.

Ancient Learner 15:01 04 Aug 2005

I do really hope that you are correct. However, I am still on the 512, with no sign at all of an improvement and no promise of it getting any better. These updates are not happening at my exchange it seems. Indeed, my normal speed according to the McAfee tester is than half that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?