Broken Advent under 12 months old

steamvalve 21:54 09 Jul 2007

Hi, I purchased an Advent Desktop PC from PC World last September 2006. Since then under warranty I have had to replace the DVD ROM and tonight I have a hard disk failure. I'm fed up now - especially since the PC is hardly used (3 hours per week approx). Do I have any rights to take the PC back to PC World and ask for a replacement or my money back?

spuds 22:08 09 Jul 2007

You will not get a replacement or your money back, considering that you have only had two failures in 10 months. Looks like its a back to PC World for a repair job, under the 12 month warranty.

To find out your rights click here

BT 08:10 10 Jul 2007

I'v had an Advent for 3 years now and only just had a problem. I invoked the extended warrenty and the engineer was here next day. He had to replace the graphics card as the fan had fallen off! It still wouldn't work so he ended up putting an a new mother board. Its now working fine, in fact it seems better than before. I'm convinced that there has always been a slight problem, which although hasn't stopped it from working has affected the performance in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017