Broadband and Wireless networking

colin d 17:06 25 Aug 2003

I have a wireless network at home and hope to have broadband soon. I currently use AOL for dial-up but they refuse to tell me whether AOL broadband is networkable (their dial-up service is not). Does anyone have experience of a broadband ISP accessible over a wireless network?

zoomer 17:19 25 Aug 2003

it will be "networkable" as you say.

You could use ICS but a router is the best option

bubbles2 19:16 25 Aug 2003

AOL does NOT support networking at all at the moment,for this reason I have cancelled my Broadband order.
It seems that AOL are virtually the only ISP that do not not support it though and it will be very easy to find one that does.
Check out click here

zoomer 19:26 25 Aug 2003

seems odd, how do they stop/not support it?

zoomer 19:35 25 Aug 2003

apparently they dont let you/or at least their software doesnt allow it, this seems absolutely ridiculous, yuou do after all pay for X amount of bandwidth, then they say you cant share it in your own home, folks will vote with their feet.....sorry if I misled you earlier but who would think an ISP would be so stupid.

zoomer 19:37 25 Aug 2003

link to all things ADSL click here

zoomer 19:46 25 Aug 2003

this would suggest that it is possible though

click here

seems like why bother with AOL though if what should be simple ends up being a hassle

zoomer 20:07 25 Aug 2003

seems though AOL users may well have hope soon

click here

also seems that there is definte workarounds using proxy software, but like bubbles2 says you will have no problem finding an ISP with no problems at all regarding sharing your connection.You`re lucky your exchange is enabled... :=(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?