Broadband via satelitte

THOMAS 18:44 10 Aug 2003

A few months ago PC advisor mag had a section on satelitte broadband,naming everywherbroadband as a company that was to launch a service for rural areas for £20 per month.I quickly singned up for the service but have heard nothing since.The web site still exists but the roll out date is always changing.Has anyone heard from them.

JIM 21:34 10 Aug 2003

Everywherebroadband as you say still exist, as far as you question goes answer is no. Must admit that I had never heard of them until you posted your thread.

Not what personally I would call cheap, suppose it depends on the Individual if it is value for money.

How much will it cost?

Everywhere! Connect package

Peak downstream speed 1.5Mb/s
Average downstream speed 400Kb/s
Upstream speed is the speed of your dial-up or ISDN service
Unlimited content download
Off-line email notification (available only through our partner ISPs)
Free access to streaming video channels

Price £19.95 incl VAT per month
You will still need to continue to pay your ISP for your dial-up connection.

Standard installation --£199.99 including all parts, labour, satellite receiver and VAT

Dual feed standard installation --£225.00 including all parts, labour, satellite receiver and VAT

As long as the Satellite is in orbit they should survive.

Wilham 22:01 10 Aug 2003

I provisionally signed up as interested in the Tiscali satellite broadband project, guess about two years ago. Est'd costs were 30 pd/month (subs), dish etc 600 pd (purchase). Before it took off the sub doubled to 60 per month, and there was a one-off expensive on-site inspection/approval fee requirement. At that point I bowed out.
Your thread makes me curious, - what satellite bb'd is around and what footprint?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017